STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Creative marketing professional with strong, well-rounded advertising, sales and consumer promotion experience spanning consumer packaged goods, print media and planning and financial services. Innovative thinker with insight for strategically positioning brand through overall design and marketing plan. Results driven individual with thirst for new challenges, team success and brand building opportunities.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Applications, WordPress
INTERFIRST MORTGAGE COMPANY, 2014 – 2016
Senior Marketing Specialist
- Directly responsible for oversight of all corporate branding across multiple platforms including eMarketing, legal documents and disclosures, via corporate website and on all promotional materials.
- Effectively managed the creation of and distribution of eMarketing materials through ReachMail and for a large field of Account Executives and Area Sales Managers including the review and approval of materials as well as the creation and distribution of program tutorials and training seminars
- Successfully led Marketing department through extensive corporate name change. Managed revision of all branded documents across all media – eMarketing, vendor notification, internal & external documentation, website review and new branded document publishing
- Provided on-boarding support and training of Marketing Assistant direct report including day to day departmental guidance with a goal for positional growth
- Facilitated on-boarding of all Account Executives including orientation and training in all aspects of Marketing Department responsibilities
- Managed the creation of quarterly corporate newsletter utilizing Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Recommended the formation of focus group with regular meetings with Human Resources Director and various departments to improve corporate morale and develop a greater understanding of cross-functional needs. Participated regularly in leadership of focus group meetings.
KRAFT FOODS, Glenview, IL, 2006 – 2008
Associate Promotion Manager – Cheese & Dairy Division
(Athenos brands, Kraft Snacking Cheese, Breakstone/Knudsen)
- Managed creation and execution of retailer-specific programs, in conjunction with sales team, to exceed sales goals and generate additional product placements while growing retail partnerships
- Worked directly with Universal Studios, in conjunction with Promotion Manager, to develop partnership between Athenos & Mamma Mia movie including FSIs, on pack promotion and movie release events
- Assumed responsibility for integrated marketing communications process for Breakstone Cottage Cheese & Sour Cream for 2009 including development of creative strategy brief for planning
- Repeatedly developed creative strategy briefs to provide project direction for agencies and internal teams
- Facilitated packaging development and photo shoot for J.L. Kraft introductory FSI and verbalized team goals to ensure seamless creative delivery to vendor
- Successfully acted as mediator between internal and external teams including agencies, packaging design teams and creative teams to complete projects on time and within budget
- Provided cross-functional teams with creative assets, timelines and direction to move projects toward completion
- Effectively lead new product packaging commercialization, adapting team to new packaging process and maintained open communication between internal team and external manufacturers
- Managed and executed packaging design process from photo shoot to final production to ensure team adhered to project goals and timelines
- Oversaw multiple communications projects simultaneously including FSI development and approval, packaging design and in-store communication development
TIME INC., Chicago, IL, 2001-2006
Account Manager – Health Magazine, Southern Living Magazine Solely responsible for managing territory producing over $1.6M in net revenue per year spanning accounts in Texas, Chicago, Louisiana and Missouri as well as developing new business within territory through preparation of sales and marketing presentations and building client relationships. This role required expert knowledge of client’s product lines as well as publication’s product offerings, marketing and partnership capabilities in order to provide clients with marketing solutions and advertising programs developed based on individual brand strategic goals. Cultivated strong relationships with clients and agency partners to ensure brand success while establishing partnerships with key clients at 3 points of entry: advertising commitment, merchandising promotions, marketing partnerships.
Southern Living Magazine
Account Manager – New Business Development, 2003 – 2005
Sales Representative, Sales Assistant
Growth role responsible for developing new business in Midwest market, including Proctor & Gamble, Nestle, Moen, Hyatt Hotels, through preparation of sales and marketing presentations and building client relationships. Successfully increased specific account business to grow territory sales and revenue by 52% over prior year with a production exceeding $700,000 in net revenue per year. Participated directly in the creation and execution of marketing initiatives and partnerships for clients including Southern Living Cook-Off & Cooking School for Nestle Toll House and Idea House sponsorship for Moen.
FOOTE, CONE & BELDING/FCBi CHICAGO (DRAFT FCB), Chicago, IL, 2000-2001
Assistant Media Planner
(Kraft Dinners, American Dental Association, The Hoover Company, Archer Daniels Midland & New Business)
Effectively utilized organizational skills in assisting team in media planning process, including strategy and creative ideation while managing multiple clients within brand planning and direct marketing groups. This role required management of multiple client budgets both monthly and annually as well as the execution of extensive media plans. Implemented print variation test resulting in a 400%+ lead response increase for American Dental Association
The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA , 2000
Bachelor of Arts in Communications/Media and Film Studies, Minor in English
SkillShare – online learning community for professional development
Surface Pattern Design, utilizing Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
Introduction to Hand Lettering, utilizing Adobe Illustrator
Second City Training Center, Levels A – E
MARKETING COMMITTEE, Building Blocks Childhood Center, Libertyville, IL
* Selected as Committee Chair beginning 2016
Secretary, 2013 – present
Directly responsible for managing, evaluating, planning and executing marketing opportunities. Developed and implemented unique media plan to detail all aspects of marketing, fundraising and events. Report, in conjunction with marketing committee, success or revision of planned and executed marketing opportunities. Seek out and research opportunities to extend awareness for Building Blocks Childhood Center while efficiently managing marketing budget.
LADIES NIGHT OUT EVENT COMMITTEE
Marketing Chair, 2015 – present
Independently managed all aspects of event marketing plan including oversight of creative development, identification of best practices, development and execution of media plan and supervision of all material distribution. Worked directly with all committee chairs to best manage marketing across all platforms.